Whether it is the Fourth of July, Christmas holidays, Spring Break or Summer Holidays, it can be difficult to manage family fun and social activities while still building and keeping revenue flowing in your home business.
… but it isn’t impossible and can be done with just a few tweaks to your current daily activity. It is especially fun and easy to do in an online business. And if your business involves positive change for your clients, the holidays are a perfect time to continue marketing as people are ready for change in the new year and they are searching for you to provide them a solution. There is a huge opportunity to actually increase your business and clientelle during the holidays without losing your mind.
Here are 5 tips you can implement immediately to prepare for the holidays and be able to spend time with your family:
1. Create and schedule your blog posts well in advance. Imagine having 10 ready to go blog posts that get published automatically every day during the holidays. Providing value to your clients and prospects during the holidays while you are sipping eggnog… It’s a win-win. Imagine how amazing and dedicated you appear to your readers. And truth be told, whether they know you are sipping egg nog or not, you are dedicated because you prepared it for them in advance! Most blogging platforms allow you to schedule posts in advance so there is no need to login and publish your drafts AT ALL during the holidays!
2. Have a a lead capture page in place. Whether you are currently running an online business or not, you should and need to have something in place where you can capture the names and emails of people who are interested in your business. This is a key in automating any type of business. The ability to capture leads and make sales even while you are sleeping or out singing Christmas Carols is absolutely necessary.
Automate it even further by having a preset campaign of emails going to your prospects and you are set. I use MLSP for my capture page and Get Response for my autoresponder. You can also use a variety of different autoresponder services from free ones like Mailchimp to Aweber. . They key is to do this before the holidays so you are set to work without really working.
3. Schedule social media posts. I don’t wait for upcoming holidays to implement this. I use Hootesuite to schedule posts on all my Social media platforms well in advance. You can manage up to 5 Social Media accounts for free on Hootesuite. I personally prefer to set a certain time aside once or twice a week to schedule posts. Then I return every so often to engage with others and post something relevant .
4. Take pictures! Take advantage of the “social” part of the Holidays and implement it in your marketing. Some refer to this as lifestyle marketing. It does not take any more time to take some quick photos during the holidays of you having fun. These can easily be added or implemented in your marketing during or after the holidays. People love happiness. Post some ‘happy’ pictures during the holidays.
5. Put it all together. To be truly successful during the holidays without losing your mind, you will learn to put all the above steps together. Create your blog posts, schedule them to be published and emailed via your autoresponder. Schedule those blog posts to be posted on all your Social Media platforms as well and make sure all of this content going out has a way of collecting the leads via a Lead capture page so that you can continue to market to them and make sales while you are having fun!
It might sound complicated but it isn’t. Once done, there is very little to do to maintain. The point is leveraging the automation ability of these tools and the fact that the internet never sleeps so that your business isn’t barely surviving during the holidays but thriving.
Keep in mind though that the most important thing is taking time for you and your family. That’s why we do what we do, isn’t it?
To your success,
P.S If you are interested in learning more about creating income online, send me a PM on Facebook .